- Arts & Culture 7175
- Books in Foreign Languages 152
- Business & Economics 4396
- Computers 2135
- Dictionaries & Encyclopedias 598
- Education & Science 116161
- Abstracts 1116
- Astrology 11
- Astronomy 14
- Biology 33
- Chemistry 5891
- Coursework 15582
- Culture 26
- Diplomas 2359
- Drawings 1188
- Ecology 28
- Economy 320
- English 987
- Entomology 2
- Ethics, Aesthetics 21
- For Education Students 31427
- Foreign Languages 51
- Geography 19
- Geology 17
- History 264
- Maps & Atlases 37
- Mathematics 16793
- Musical Literature 7
- Pedagogics 203
- Philosophy 176
- Physics 16253
- Political Science 120
- Practical Work 171
- Psychology 464
- Religion 49
- Russian and culture of speech 56
- School Textbooks 68
- Sexology 68
- Sociology 43
- Summaries, Cribs 681
- Test Answers 57
- Tests 20574
- Textbooks for Colleges and Universities 205
- Theses 199
- To Help Graduate Students 23
- To Help the Entrant 97
- Vetting 396
- Works 50
- Информатика 15
- Engineering 3375
- Esoteric 933
- Fiction 3265
- For Children 334
- House, Family & Entertainment 2305
- Law 2677
- Medicine 1214
- Newspapers & Magazines 385
- Security 251
- Sport, Tourism 1007
- Website Promotion 626
English version 4 (FOSSIL FUELS (PART I))
Content: 41203223928133.rar 14,82 kB
1. Переведите на русский язык. Укажите грамматическую конструкцию в каждом предложении (Gerund – герундий, Participle – причастие и Conditional Clause – условное придаточное предложение):
1. He picked up the letter lying on the floor.
2. Reading English books every day will improve your knowledge of the language.
3. After concluding the contract the representative of the firm left Moscow.
4. Having fulfilled the terms of the contract, we refused to admit the claim of the firm.
5. If I were acquainted with this famous professor, I should have rung him up yesterday.
2. Выберите правильную форму глагола и укажите тип условных придаточных предложений (Type I, II, III или нулевой):
1. If we hurry, we (will catch, would catch) the bus.
2. He would not have caught cold if he (has put, had put) on a warm coat.
3. If I were in your place, I (won´t buy, wouldn´t buy) the tickets beforehand.
4. If the conference (will take, takes) place next month, I won´t be able to take part in it.
5. If I (came, come) later, I would be late for the lesson.
3. Выберите правильную форму герундия:
1. I know of his (having appointed, having been appointed) to a new job.
2. In (being made, making) this experiment they came across some interesting phenomena.
3. He reproached himself for (saying, having said) it.
4. We insisted on (informing, being informed) of the arrival of the ship.
5. I was surprised at his (having refused, having been refused) to help us.
4. Выберите правильную форму причастия:
1. They showed us a list of the goods (selling, sold) at the auction.
2. (Having collected, collected) all the material, he started to write a report.
3. This theory needs (being, proving).
4. I want the letter (posting, posted) at once.
5. (Having read, reading) the note, he folded it and put it away.
5. Раскройте скобки и употребите правильную форму глагола, герундия или причастия:
1. They insisted on the question (to re-consider).
2. We started (to load) the ship.
3. (To send) to the wrong address, the letter didn’t reach him.
4. He will help her if she (to ask).
5. I (to tell) everything if I saw the colleagues.
6. Прочитайте и письменно переведите на русский язык текст:
FOSSIL FUELS (PART I)
1. Fossil fuels were formed millions of years ago from the decaying plants and animals buried beneath the earth’s surface, the reason why they’re called fossil. They can be traced to the Carboniferous Period which was part of the Paleozoic Era between 280 and 345 million years ago. They were formed as a result of the high heat and pressure from the earth’s core that turned decomposing organic compounds into peat (spongy-textured substance) initially and then into coal (carbon-rich rock) and petroleum (liquid) eventually.
2. Fossil fuels are composed of coal, oil and natural gas, all of which are instrumental in providing people with much of their energy and electricity needs.
3. Fossil fuels supply energy for transportation, industrial manufacturing, heating of buildings, and the production of electricity. However, the reserves of coal, oil, and natural gas are limited; in fact, they are called nonrenewable resources because once the supplies that are available are used up, they cannot be replaced. It is predicted that at the current rate of energy consumption, available reserves of oil and natural gas will be greatly decreased during the twenty-first century.
4. Coal is more plentiful, but its use can contribute to environmental problems such as global warming (an increase in Earth´s temperature over time). Because of growing energy demands in developing nations as well as the energy needs of industrialized societies, it will become increasingly necessary to turn to alternative sources of energy in the future. Conserving energy and using it more efficiently are additional ways of addressing the energy problem.
7. Составьте словарь к тексту.
8. Прочитайте текст снова и письменно ответьте на вопросы:
1. What were fossil fuels formed from?
2. How did high heat and pressure influence the formation of the fossil fuels?
3. What are fossil fuels composed of?
4. Why are they called nonrenewable sources of energy?
5. How can coal contribute to environmental problems?
|1 month||3 months||12 months|