- Arts & Culture 7168
- Books in Foreign Languages 152
- Business & Economics 4395
- Computers 2131
- Dictionaries & Encyclopedias 598
- Education & Science 116030
- Abstracts 1116
- Astrology 12
- Astronomy 14
- Biology 33
- Chemistry 5891
- Coursework 15528
- Culture 26
- Diplomas 2357
- Drawings 1188
- Ecology 28
- Economy 320
- English 988
- Entomology 2
- Ethics, Aesthetics 21
- For Education Students 31444
- Foreign Languages 55
- Geography 19
- Geology 17
- History 264
- Maps & Atlases 37
- Mathematics 16691
- Musical Literature 7
- Pedagogics 203
- Philosophy 176
- Physics 16253
- Political Science 120
- Practical Work 171
- Psychology 464
- Religion 49
- Russian and culture of speech 56
- School Textbooks 68
- Sexology 68
- Sociology 43
- Summaries, Cribs 682
- Test Answers 57
- Tests 20577
- Textbooks for Colleges and Universities 205
- Theses 199
- To Help Graduate Students 23
- To Help the Entrant 97
- Vetting 396
- Works 50
- Информатика 15
- Engineering 3376
- Esoteric 933
- Fiction 3265
- For Children 334
- House, Family & Entertainment 2302
- Law 2678
- Medicine 1215
- Newspapers & Magazines 385
- Security 252
- Sport, Tourism 1009
- Website Promotion 626
Content: 41212000148267.rar 30,75 kB
The theme "Study in universities MIA"
Task 1. Identify the part of speech the following words and translate them. Highlight derivation suffixes and prefixes.
education, government, annually, minister, political, significant, policeman, violation, social, responsible, illegal, organizer, prehistoric, unofficial, evidence, disorganize.
Task 2. Place the combination of "noun + noun."
police station, the Institute library, the Library Institute, life imprisonment, public organization, crime investigation, employment agency, crime rate, Internal Affairs Department.
Task 3. Set phrases and define the degrees of comparison of adjectives.
the best means, more efficient, higher rate than, the most difficult task, a little longer than, the oldest parliament, heavier traffic, the least serious form of crime, worse than, less interesting.
Task 4. Set the proposals and determine the function of the verb to be, to have, to do (auxiliary, meaning, modal).
1. My friend is a first-year student.
2. We had no classes in English last week.
3. Does your father work in police?
4. The operative group will be at the crime scene in some minutes.
5. Are you a divisional inspector?
6. He did not do it in time.
Task 5. Set the sentences of the turnover there is \\ there are. Note the use of indefinite and negative pronouns and their derivatives.
1. There is no doubt about it.
2. There is a good library at our Institute.
3. There are some mistakes in your test.
4. How many students are there in your group?
5. There were no difficulties in the new text.
6. There are two terms (semesters) in the academic year.
Task 6. Scroll to the predicate sentences, determine the shape and vidovremennyh verbs and specify their infinitive. Translate the sentences.
1. We study every day.
2. The students knew about the meeting.
3. We have already finished our work.
4. My friend always comes late.
5. The teacher answered all your questions.
6. What are you reading?
Task 7. Read the text 1. Write down of his international words and words about the significance of which can be guessed without a dictionary (not less than 10 words).
Recruitment and Training: Becoming a Police Officer in the USA
To meet the basic requirement to police work applicants must:
- Be a US citizen;
- Not have been convicted of a felony;
- Have a driver's license in the state where the department is located;
- Be at least twenty-one years of age.
Beyond these minimum requirements, the selection process involves: backgrounds checks, including drug tests; a review of applicant's educational, military, and driving records; credits checks; interview with the spouses, acquaintances, and previous employers.
It is difficult to find a profession that put potential employees through a more strenuous series of tests than law enforcement. To start with, police applicant must take a written examination to measure the applicant's knowledge of basic information and ability to comprehend certain situations, mathematical ability and writing skills. After the written examination, the applicant moves on to physical ability tests.
Recruits with college or university education generally have an advantage in hiring and promotion.
Most police departments have a number of factors that automatically disqualify a person from employment. According to statistics, around 20 per cent of the nearly 70,000persons who apply for police jobs are rejected annually.
Task 8. Determine the theme of the text one by selecting from the options 3 correct, arrange them in sequential order, and convert them.
This text ...
• explains what is involved in extensive background checks of prospective police officers.
• lists basic requirements to police work applicants.
• identifies the three traditional forms of police corruption.
• identifies the five basic values \u200b\u200bof the police subculture.
• is about testing of police applicants.
Task 9. Move questions to the text 1 and answer them in writing.
1. What tests are police applicants required to pass?
2. How many persons, applying for police jobs are rejected annually?
Task 10. The writing translate the text 1.
|1 month||3 months||12 months|