- Arts & Culture 7168
- Books in Foreign Languages 152
- Business & Economics 4395
- Computers 2131
- Dictionaries & Encyclopedias 598
- Education & Science 116030
- Abstracts 1116
- Astrology 12
- Astronomy 14
- Biology 33
- Chemistry 5891
- Coursework 15528
- Culture 26
- Diplomas 2357
- Drawings 1188
- Ecology 28
- Economy 320
- English 988
- Entomology 2
- Ethics, Aesthetics 21
- For Education Students 31444
- Foreign Languages 55
- Geography 19
- Geology 17
- History 264
- Maps & Atlases 37
- Mathematics 16691
- Musical Literature 7
- Pedagogics 203
- Philosophy 176
- Physics 16253
- Political Science 120
- Practical Work 171
- Psychology 464
- Religion 49
- Russian and culture of speech 56
- School Textbooks 68
- Sexology 68
- Sociology 43
- Summaries, Cribs 682
- Test Answers 57
- Tests 20577
- Textbooks for Colleges and Universities 205
- Theses 199
- To Help Graduate Students 23
- To Help the Entrant 97
- Vetting 396
- Works 50
- Информатика 15
- Engineering 3376
- Esoteric 933
- Fiction 3265
- For Children 334
- House, Family & Entertainment 2302
- Law 2678
- Medicine 1215
- Newspapers & Magazines 385
- Security 252
- Sport, Tourism 1009
- Website Promotion 626
Examination №9 (British Petroleum)
Content: 41203224703547.rar 30,01 kB
English. Examination №9
1. Read the article and paste the proposal (af) where it fits within the meaning of (1-5). One sentence in the sense of not suitable.
a Up to $ 20 billion having been set aside to deal with the cleanup and the legal claims it faces.
b We have accepted all the recommendations and are examining how best to implement them across our drilling operations worldwide.
c Analysts have pointed out that around 40 per cent of BP is owned by US based institutional shareholders.
d We have said from the beginning that the explosion on the Deepwater Horizon was a shared responsibility among many entities.
e A sequence of failures involving a number of different parties led to the explosion and fire which killed 11 people.
f They also had to learn the lessons of the incident to help reduce the risk of a similar event occurring in the future.
BP has published a report on the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico happened on 20th April which led to one of the world's worst oil pollution inci-dents. BP said: "The investigation found that no single factor caused the Macondo well tragedy. (1) ... It caused widespread pollution in the Gulf of Mexico destroying the habitat of many species". The report was compiled by technical experts from within BP and from outside and took four months to complete.
The explosion which also had a major impact on thousands of people living in Gulf coast towns and for the ecology of the area. It has already cost the company an estimated $ 8 billion. (2) ... BP takes its responsibilities over the incident seriously. However, ever since the event happened BP has maintained that some responsibility for the tragedy lay with others. The incoming chief executive, Bob Dudley, said: "(3) ... This report makes that conclusion even clearer, presenting a detailed analysis of the facts and recommendations for improvement both for BP and the other parties involved. (3) ..."
The report sets out a number of key observa-tions by the investigation team which led to the explosion. It was unlikely, it concludes, that the well design contributed to the disas-ter which led to some 4.3 million barrels of oil escaping into the Gulf of Mexico. Halli-burton and Transocean, two other companies involved in the oil extraction process on the rig, also had to share some of the responsibility. (4) ... Twenty-five recommendations have been made by the investigation team as a result of its findings. BP has said that it accepts all of these findings. It also says that the investigation contains some important lessons for the industry as a whole but that further information might become available when it is able to analyse cement samples and the blow-out preventer, which failed.
2. Locate the following article English equivalents phrases.
o ... lawsuits to be faced by the company ...
o ... how best to take into account the recommendations ...
o ... set aside ...
o ... to take responsibility ...
o ... have a tremendous impact ...
3. Answer the questions on the content of the article. Write out questions related proposals from the article is not necessary.
1. Who was responsible for the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico?
2. How much would BP lose to minimize the impact of the oil spill?
3. Will the company oppose the recommendations of the investigation team?
4. Did the explosion happen because of the well design?
5. Who compiled the report on the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig?
4. Mark Offer Offer T (True - true), F (false - is not true), NM (Not Mentioned - is not mentioned).
1. 11 workers of the oil rig died after the explosion.
2. Halliburton and Transocean, two other companies involved in the oil extraction process on the rig are not responsible for the disaster.
3. The oil spill disrupted the business of fishermen, shrimpers and oystermen in the region.
4. BP accepted twenty-five recommendations made by the investigation team.
5. The recommendations will be implemented across BP drilling operations worldwide.
5. Reduce the proposed offer (1-5) so that their meaning has not changed. Use if necessary additional language.
1. The report sets out a number of key observations by the investigation team which led to the explosion.
2. They also had to learn the lessons of the incident to help reduce the risk of a similar event oc-curring in the future.
3. We have accepted all the recommendations and are examining how best to implement them across our drilling operations worldwide.
4. Twenty-five recommendations have been made by the investigation team as a result of its findings.
5. Halliburton and Transocean, two other companies involved in the oil extraction process on the rig, also had to share some of the responsibility.
6. Find the article the concept corresponding to each definition.
1. The work of inquiring into something thoroughly and systematically.
2. A person who has knowledge, skill and aptitude in a specific field.
3. One of the highest-ranking corporate officers or administrators in charge of total management.
4. The process of obtaining something from a mixture or compound by chemi-cal or physical or mechanical means.
5. The act of determining the properties of something, usually by research, cal-culation or investigation.
7. Turn on any piece Russian language of 15 lines.
8. Transfer the contents of each sentence in the English language. Each word does not necessarily translate. Many of the pieces you need to take from the article.
1. As a result of the explosion on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico killed 11 Rabo sneeze.
2. Destruction platform led to crude oil spills from the well.
3. Because of the explosion of the plug did not work and blocked the flow of the oil produced.
4. Nature of the region has suffered enormous damage.
5. Fishing industry 4 states on the verge of bankruptcy.
9. reflect the main content of the article in the volume of 5-6 sentences in English. Optionally write proposals from the article is not necessary.
|1 month||3 months||12 months|